My My, Back To Eel PIe:.Thames Walk.

Eel Pie Island


In a recent blog ( see above )  D. and I visited the Thames near Twickenham and looked across the river to Eel Pie Island.

Last Wednesday ( 24/7 ) we revisited the scene and crossed the bridge to the privately owned small island.





All of the houses (about 50 ) there are old, but interesting buildings.





The above shown,  had an old advert for HMV records on the side of the frontage.

I was greatly amused with the notices/names I saw there. Here are three examples:



Good stuff eh!



Here are some views from Eel Pie to the 'main-land.


'





Only a short walk around, but an engaging visit.

TttttttttttttttttttttttttT


Eel Pie Island, in the 60's  had a thriving blues club ( The Eel Pie Hotel ) where the London based groups performed, including 'Steam Packet' ( see above blog) and 'The Rolling Stones.' The Hotel was later burned down in an mysterious fire.





The above photo, together with the 'Steam Packet' was on a notice board, looking over to Eel Pie Island.

Walking alongside the river, I also espied a Pub with an interesting sign.


 


I imagine it couldn't be called the " Barmy Army, "  because of trade-mark reasons.


Further along I saw in York House Gardens, a set for an open- air production of the 'Bard's' "Merrie Wives of Windsor. "




Near the 'White Swan,' I re-acquainted myself with those 'Naked Ladies, ' which if you remember had a brew named after them.









More perambulations along the Thames next week.



TtttttttttttttttttttttttT




Enjoy the few days of July and await the return of the heat in August.

Cheerio,

Ck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jimmy Uttley: God's Spring Blessing

Tuesday Glory: Spring is Coming

Toys for the Boys